Middling Riddles ( ; ' - ')
1) I live in earth, on earth, and above;
In loam and rock, strong stone I love.
Though I go unnoticed I never depart;
My power, my essence, lies deep in the heart.
2) Forgotten are the children there,
They fill with music all the air.
A trysting place, a broken tree,
Abandoned after Fate's decree.
3) From leer of eye,
And cloak of mustard,
Stranger countenance unfound.
In such presence
Truth is uttered,
And watchful orbs abound.
4) Aesthetic phylactery,
And mode of transmission --
Where art thou, faded sister?
Safeguard thy flame, thy mission.
5) Spectacle buried from sight,
Far beneath on lofty height.
Twins immersed in warming earth,
A host to monster’s rebirth.
6) A hundred mountains, clouded sky.
One path, no trace of man.
Broken ice. Dark water.
Girl standing. Ashen cloak of fur.
7) Mistaken for a tasty treat;
Blood, guts, and infected meat;
Chaos that takes two to beat.
8) Within the soul of the enlightened man,
An arachnine titan keeps guard.
Its aureate hide is befouled inside,
And by its own strength is it marred.
9) A visage of joy, a hollowing stare,
To which your supposing kin all shall bare.
Their own ilk they see but they aren't aware;
That behind the visage -- it is you there!
10) While in dungeons you fight,
Your brains I devour;
It’s your wisdom I seek --
I ignore your power.
11) Fell power of wisdom inverse,
Purest taint, and will perverse.
Rent and hid by brilliance true,
Its legacy now follows you.
12) Followers of the Elder,
Hidden under plant --
Defend themselves they can't.
13) A verdant eruption signals my cache,
Surrounded by wealth that's gone in a flash.
Enlightened in name and fleetest of foot,
I'm yours for a time, but I won't stay put.
14) Regardless of progress, begin at the start;
Relying on skill, your knowledge, a part --
Scavenge and acquire all that you must,
In the hands of a sage you need place your trust.